Subject: [Leica] MacBook Air and Lightroom for Africa trip
From: abridge at mac.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 18:35:43 -0700

Next year I?m looking at doing a documentary trip to Africa with a college
group. My normal travel computer is a 17? MacBook Pro but it?s HUGE, on an
international trip it?s just not going to work, I think.

I have been very happy with my MacBook Air but the version I have only has 4
GB of RAM and a small solid state drive.

I?m wondering if anyone has experience with an MBA with 8 GB of RAM, the
larger SDD and an external Thunderbolt drive for use with editing photos on
the road.

I think I?ll have reasonable power. I?ll take about a zillion SD cards so I
don?t have to erase anything but I know I won?t keyword or annotate images
properly unless I do it the day I capture them.

So, if you have thoughts I?d appreciate it.

The alternative is a MacBook Pro 15? that I know will do the job. But it?s
almost twice as heavy.

Thanks!

Adam

Replies: Reply from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] MacBook Air and Lightroom for Africa trip)