Subject: [Leica] IMG: Great Blue Heron
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 08:35:49 -0800

Doug Herr OFFERED:

Thanks to the many comments on- and off-list.  I've taken the cattail reeds
out and I toned down the bright spot in the water.  I tried a version where
I took the bright spot out along with the cattails and the water looked like
it had been sanitized, so I left a hint of the spot in.

The original:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/ardea/gbhero05a.jpg

the final:

http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/ardeidae/ardea/gbhero05c.jpg

All comments welcome.
Hi Doug,
Now it's an absolutely clean-eyed beauty without the weed distraction.

Complete 100% attention is to the bird! AS IT SHOULD BE!

Look at it this way? You are one of the finest wild=life photographers on a
day in day out, year after year basis. Consistently so with an incredible
record of skill and images!

Sure there are "Happy-Snappers" who also capture the one or two here and
there and that's fine and skill also. But yours always have that edge of
consistent perfection that we see and have seen year after year.

If there's a twig, weed or leaf that takes a viewers eyes away for a
fleeting moment? ........ IT GOES!! GONE! NADA! Better so in your case as
you are a skilled "re-toucher" so why not remove the visually offending
leaf, whatever?

After all we just couldn't have an image by the " Birdman of Sacramento "
that wasn't perfect!! :-) Good on you lad as you are the best of the best!

Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter) ([Leica] IMG: Great Blue Heron)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] WAKE-UP TO THIS? :-))