Subject: [Leica] Modifying LTM lenses for close focus
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 12:07:20 -0500

Hi folks ?

I was in the market for a new 50mm almost solely-entirely because the newer
lenses focus to .7m instead of 1m, but I notice many somewhat cryptic
references to modifications to LTM lenses what will allow them to close
focus. I?m wondering if there?s anybody who just _does_ this, so I don?t
have to buy a dremel, or if there?s anybody with good instructions on how to
do it so I can just go ahead and buy a dremel. all of the step-by-steps i?ve
found have the photos expired. tauntingly.

It seems to be just removing the close-focus stop screw and grinding out a
bit of the threads so that the focus coupling doesn?t hit them, but I?m not
sure how to find that exact spot.

Idears?

Kyle