Subject: [Leica] Some Fuji X-T1 impressions
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 09:27:06 +0000

I found it failed in contrasty light and there was no workaround....

john

So, I have now had the Fuji X-T1 for 2 weeks and have been using it in
Liverpool, Alicante and Brussels. I have to say that this is the first
camera I have ever handled with a truly usable electronic viewfinder. I
loved the hybrid viewfinder in the X-Pro 1 but with the X-T1 I have
something almost as good?and I have true WYSIWYG and much better focus
control than with the X-Pro 1. The AF on the X-T1 also seems faster and more
accurate. All in all, I am getting a higher percentage of keepers with the
X-T1 than with the X-Pro 1, using the same set of Fuji X lenses. And thanks
to the split image focusing aid and the double image in the viewfinder,
using my Leica M lenses is far easier and more reliable on the X-T1 than on
the X-Pro 1. Finally, I love the form factor?a simple dial to change ISO
speed, fancy that!

I think the X-Pro 1 will be put up for sale soon.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain