Subject: [Leica] For trade? Or, maybe I'm just way off base.
From: skalte at icloud.com (Susan Ryan)
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 03:35:22 -0700

> On Dec 6, 2014, at 3:13 AM, Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Susan, the old and new Noctiluxes are two very different lenses, and I
> agree with you about the .95's bokeh.  Richard's reasoning is very useful.
> I would also add, would you really use the Noctilux a lot?  Does is truly
> resonate with the kind of photographs you love to make?  Or did Leica
> Marketing plant the Noctilust virus in your brain?  :-)

Peter,

The kicker is I never wanted the .95. My house was broken into and I had an
M9 and my Nocti 1 (that I used all the time and loved) stolen. I had bought
the 1.0 used from a former LUG member for $2650 before their prices went
crazy. My insurance company had to replace it with the .95 since it was the
current replacement. (Both the insurance co and I tried to find a used 1.0
and couldn't find one on the market at the time.)

I'm a retired respiratory therapist and am not in the habit of lusting after
the next new Leica gear. After a few years of seeing others' results, I
think a used Monochrom is not unreasonable, since 99.5 of what I do is
converted to BW. I'm not poor, but I'm not rolling in it. Hence the question
about trades, etc.  I want to be fair, but I don't want to be taken
advantage of if I end up trying to negotiate with a retailer.

I feel frustrated.

Sue

Message from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] For trade? Or, maybe I'm just way off base.)
Message from skalte at icloud.com (Susan Ryan) ([Leica] For trade? Or, maybe I'm just way off base.)