Subject: [Leica] LUG & Blurb question
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2014 13:11:48 -0500

They way I think about it is if you're going to do something why not let
more than just a few people see it? I love books I'm about to hit some
bookstores this afternoon made a list checking it twice but for every person
who reads and looks at paper there's thousands who are getting the same
words and pix as pixels.
I love PDF 's. I think the guy you invented them should get the Noble Peace
prize. If I'd gone to the trouble to layout a photo book such as this it
would drive my crazy not being able to press the "make PDF button" in the
end. If you think about it the preview software which lets people peek into
the book on the website has kind of done that.
I think when people know ahead of time that the layout will be
electronically disseminated few if any would have a problem with that. If
they do let them rot in their own hells.
People want to  see their book on their iPad's  and iPhones.
More importantly they want to never put their iPad's and iPhones down.
They want to keep staring at them.
Let them.

That said I don't think the reason behind a LUG book such as this is to make
money. How many extra copies did they sell does anyone know?
If there really is a market for a book such as the LUG Yearbook than in
electronic form I'd wager that market would be 100x.  ... To 1000x.