Subject: [Leica] Interesting place in New Mexico
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 10:54:57 -0800

Bisti Badlands is just that.  A badlands.  Very interesting place that I
will never get to see again.  We pulled into the lot on BLM land with the
intention of spending the night in our little RV, and the wife said, in no
uncertain terms, NO WAY.  So I was able to convince her to walk around a
bit.  All the interesting formations are a ways up the wash.  We walked
around for about an hour before she had had enough and we left for less
desolate places.  I only discovered this one location, but if you are ever
in the neighborhood of Farmington NM, you have to give it a try.

View them large:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f14/d/nm/Bisti-2087.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f14/d/nm/Bisti-2084.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f14/d/nm/Bisti-2083.jpg.html

And a blend of photos for more depth of field:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/f14/d/nm/Bisti-2078-Edit.jpg.html

There are many, many more interesting formations in this area.  Requires a
fair amount of easy walking.   GPS coordinates are available for many of
them.  If you get there, share your photos as I will not get to photograph
them again.

Comments welcome.

Aram

Aram Langhans
(Semi) Retired Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Interesting place in New Mexico)
Reply from coupdefoudrellc at gmail.com (Wilbur Norman) ([Leica] Interesting place in New Mexico)