Subject: [Leica] dang floaters
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 15:57:56 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Thanks much, Duane, for taking the time to look thru these.

If/when I publish to the Blurb bookstore/Amazon, I'll do a statement/bio etc.
I've had several requests from Luggers to do this so I did it. I also wanted
it as a Christmas gift for my sister, (a great lover of plants), and a few
others in my local circle here. So, for now, invite only.

Your point regarding the cover is well taken and, I think, generally correct,
however, were I in the photography section at the bookstore, and saw this one
mixed in with all the others that had nice photo covers, I'd probably
gravitate
to it, but then I'm sorta weird! ;-)

Regarding, "how many ways can you photograph this subject" well, that's
always
an artistic challenge isn't it. ;-)

LensWork has my submission, waiting to hear.

I'll Probably send the Hopster two from the book ("Cock of the Walk" for sure
and another I haven't decided yet.  Again, really appreciate the input!

Montie

>>Montie... Is there an image on the cover or dust jacket??? If it were mine
>>I would put one.... covers sell magazines.... covers sell books.... based
>>on the title, I would not pick it up to look at it.... Floaters just
>>doesn't pique my interest.... sorry...

As I started looking through the book... I wondered where it was going and
well...... how many ways can you photograph this subject...? But rather than
getting bored with images... I found myself liking them more and more as I
progressed... but I tend towards the abstract.....

I think they are a beautiful series.... and I personally would add either
some sort of artist's statement of why I chose to photograph water
lilies/lily pads... or some sort of bio...

If you haven't done it.... I'd suggest trying to get the series published in
LensWork...

What two did you submit to the LUG Yearbook? : )

Duane