Subject: [Leica] dang floaters
From: dbirkey at reachbeyond.org (Duane Birkey)
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2014 20:12:55 +0000

Montie...   Is there an image on the cover or dust jacket???    If it were
mine I would put one....   covers sell magazines.... covers sell books....
based on the title,  I would not pick it up to look at it....  Floaters just
doesn't pique my interest....   sorry...

As I started looking through the book...  I wondered where it was going and
well......  how many ways can you photograph this subject...?  But rather
than getting bored with images...   I found myself liking them more and more
as I progressed...    but I tend towards the abstract.....

I think they are a beautiful series....   and I personally would add either
some sort of artist's statement of why I chose to photograph water
lilies/lily pads...  or some sort of bio...

If you haven't done it.... I'd suggest trying to get the series published in
LensWork...

What two did you submit to the LUG Yearbook?      : )

Duane