Subject: [Leica] iMac 27" 5K—first impressions
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 07:48:09 +0000

Only the current Mac Pro can drive 4K screens AFAIK

john
From: Howard Ritter [hlritter at bex.net]

I had been hoping that Apple would introduce a 4K display that I could drive
with my years-old Mac Pro desktop, though it didn?t seem likely that the old
machine would have the horsepower or compatibility to be able to do so, but
when I heard that the new iMac was expected to have a Retina screen, I had
some reason to hope that they?d also bring out a standalone display with the
same screen.