Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 43: Slovak wine, choir, cats, more food porn...
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 14:54:43 -0700

Nathan Wajsman SHOWED & WROTE:
Subject: [Leica] IMG: Nathan's PAW 43: Slovak wine, choir, cats, more food
porn...

.in other words, a typical mixed bag. It is late October, but you wouldn't
know it looking at the weather. I can deal with it ;-)

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws/?page_id=1281

Hi Nathan,
No question you are something else when it comes to "PHOTOJOURNALISM!" The
Photo story or Photo essay!

It isn't just a one photo moment. It's image after image and you do it week
after week with the most interesting of subjects! Or similar subjects, but
shot with a different angle or light. You are quite an incredible "OBSERVER
OF THE MOMENTS!"

Actually you make me ashamed of myself for not doing my daily walk as I'm
supposed to do. Yeah it's supposed to help keep me alive! Oh what the heck,
"I'll walk a bit more tomorrow." Is the usual excuse. It doesn't happen
simply because it's so easy not to do it!" :-( :-(

Let alone carrying my M8 as I could do with great ease. At least I have
learned how to hook the loop strap of my "walking stick!" about my wrist.
That's a "cane" for those who wish to allow themselves to be "old!" ;-)
"Elder's use walking sticks!"   "OLD PEOPLE USE CANES!!!" :-)

I go week after week and do diddly squat photos, not even a snap in my
garden! :-( I look at your picture essays and scream blasphemy at myself as
I sit here alone wondering why am I here? Then your photo essay opens and I
click back and forth a half dozen times examining composition, subject,
angle and saying "quietly to myself?"  "Damn he's good!" Then go back to the
beginning and look through them and captions one more time! :-)

However you also make me smile as I remember the "DAYS WHEN I DID THAT DAY
AFTER DAY, WEEK AFTER WEEK, months on end! And never tired, nor weakened.
WHY? Well it was the most incredible love affair one could have with the
most complete satisfaction one could enjoy!" But then that's what being a
photojournalist is all about! The enjoyment of the successful "clicks!"

Good on you lad!

cheers,
ted