Subject: [Leica] Recommendations? I never want to buy another 50mm lens again as long as I live.
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 12:33:52 -0700

This is why I only have one lens per focal length that I use per camera. I
am not into finding the "right characteristics for this atmosphere." I just
want the best that I can afford and forget about it.

Of course I am now down to only 2 real Leica lens, and 2 Zeiss lens, and
one exception to the above rule as I have a MS Optical 35 Perar. Great for
using on the M9 as a light meter and as the "Pelican Man" shows, makes a
fine image also.

Back to the OP, the Zeiss Planar no doubt. If you can afford ~$1500, the
last Summicron before the ASPH is one of the best ever anywhere as well.

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM, Charlie Chan <topoxforddoc at
btinternet.com>