Subject: [Leica] Travel Tip Request: Raleigh-Durham
From: ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 14:17:58 -0400

NC is a WIDE state

hatteras is fun, though it's a little early for the bird invasion of pea
island
about 4 hours drive

several excellent museums in triangle
especially state science, art and history museums in Raleigh
there's also lots of nice places to eat, drink, and hear music downtown (my
favorite street photo spot)
botanical gardens in chapel hill
nasher art in durham is realy good

blue ridge parkway should still be pretty then
about 3.5 to 6 hours depending on what part of the parkway you hit

old salem is nice
about 2 hours west

we have an excellent state park system
specific park depends on your direction preferences

send spefics on times --i'll try to rendezvous
lugger craig zeni is also in the area