Subject: [Leica] Do you remember why you joined the LUG?
From: ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:20:23 -0400

On Oct 15, 2014, at 4:25 PM, George Lottermoser <george.imagist at
icloud.com> wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2014, at 3:20 PM, RicCarter wrote:
>
>> My photo equipment was stolen in about 2002
>
> Interesting. My Leicas, Nikons and Mamiya Universal kits were stolen in
> 89; in Santa Fe.
>
> What gear did you lose?

Oly OM3 (black) and OM4 (titanium), a bag of lenses and accessories, and
some zeiss binoculars

>> About a year later I got an insurance check and bought my first Leica kit
>>
>> M6, 21 Elmarit, 28 Elmarit, 50 Summicron, 90 Summicron
>> Had to get them to show me how to load it
>
> What made you decide on Leica kit?
> instead of whatever kit you lost?

had always wanted a leica, but never had the money to switch kits
almost everything was gone, so fresh start was possible
wanted to pack smaller and eyes saw better through rangefinder window

>> Needed some education
>>
>> Found the LUG on google and started listening
>>
>> It was the first time that having a camera community on the Internet had
>> occured to me
>> Joined in
>>
>> Still need education, so I'm still here
>
> Thanks for joining the LUG