Subject: [Leica] Summaron 3.5 or Jupiter 12?
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (Kyle Cassidy On The LUG)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 22:20:44 -0400

Let's say -- for the sake of discussion that you recently realized that you
ought to have a 35mm lens -- and so you started looking on line at
summiluxes and zeisses and then while bumbling around in the closet you
found a box marked "35mm leica lenses" and in it was a summaron 3.5 and a
jupiter 12 (f 2.8) from another life and you think "oh ... I already have a
35mm, I should start using it"....

That obvious answer to my question is "use them both for a while and are
what you like" but I'm inherently lazy and so seek your expertise. Is the
jupiter' faster aperture worth what it loses in a better f stop ring, non
protruding rear element and build?

Sent from my iPhone plz excuse the typoss keyb0ard is reaLly small.

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Summaron 3.5 or Jupiter 12?)
Reply from jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Summaron 3.5 or Jupiter 12?)