Subject: [Leica] M9 & M240 Processing
From: jmilton2 at maine.rr.com (Jack Milton)
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 14:05:34 -0400

Tina,
 Lightroom creates ?1:1? previews of images when you work in the develop
module. There are three types of previews and now that you have larger files
with the M240, you may want to choose to create 1:1 previews upon import.
If you choose to create 1:1 catalog previews upon import, the import will
take longer, but opening up each image should be quicker. LR will only keep
these 1:1 previews for a specified time, like one week, or 30 days. Look in
the Catalog settings. Choose Edit >  Catalog Settings (Windows) or Lightroom
> Catalog Settings (Mac OS), and then select File Handling Check these
settings as 1:1 previews can take up a lot of hard drive space.

 Adobe has many excellent tutorials by Julianne Kost on YouTube including
one on optimizing Lightroom which contains more info about previews
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjUtKAmJ_9c> and other things one can do to
make LR work faster and more smoothly.

 There?s a more detailed explanation of Previews and such at
<http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html>

Jack Milton