Subject: [Leica] IMG: Doors Open Milwaukee-Building Related Pix
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 05:41:45 +0000

Last Saturday I checked out three places during Doors Open Milwaukee - an
event that features public access and/or tours of 150+ buildings around
town. I went to the Railway Exchange and Wells buildings, and the Calvary
cemetery chapel.

Milwaukee used to be known as Cream City, but not for any dairy connection.
The local, yellow-toned brick was used for virtually all brick buildings in
Victorian times, so much so that the city got the nickname. It must have
given an upbeat feeling in comparison to places with dark brick structures.
By my time, all these buildings were almost black from soot, as seen in
these two views of my high school about 60 years apart.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Buildings/SDHS/Ca1915_PCMR_EMKE_10AX9913A.jpg.html>

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Buildings/SDHS/19760621_MR_EMKE_7610_1A.jpg.html>

Many have now been cleaned, as can be seen in the first picture of the 27 in
the album.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Alan+Magayne-Roshak/Buildings/DoorsOpen/>

Almost all taken with Fuji X-E2, 35mm and 50mm Summicrons.

All can be viewed large.

Alan

(Retired)
UPAA Photographer of the Year 1978