Subject: [Leica] OT: The iPad Way
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 07:01:41 -0700

The truth is that for 90% (pick the correct number if you do not like mine)
of the population, this is precisely a don't care.  It works like you expect
it to.... without any of the techie stuff.   It just works.

OTOH, many with technical training goes nuts with Apple OS.  They either
love it or own a Windoze PC.   KNOWING  where a file is, ability to move
stuff around, change settings, etc. is their decision to make and they want
that decision.

The market likes the user simplicity of Apple OS.  There is a lot of copying
of these features in Windoze.  It seems that Jobs did figure out what some
part of the market wanted, and now MS is playing catch up.....

When you control all the choices, you can make things like iTunes work over
multiple platforms, all day long over multi generations and types of OS.
Note that I personally think iTunes is clunky, non-intuitive, and without an
instruction manual, a weird piece of SW.  But credit where it belongs, it
works.

Frank Filippone, Windoze all the way.
Red735i at verizon.net

It is certainly the case that Apple controls more of what the user does

>You don't have it your way. You have it Apple's way, take it or leave it.
>

>that's been my gripe with Apple. Want to import a file? Better hope it goes
where Apple likes it, and you like it cause you've got no stinkin' chance to
put it where you want. .

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] OT: The iPad Way)
Message from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] OT: The iPad Way)