Subject: [Leica] Stand-Alone Photo Processing Software
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 15:06:35 -0700

Jim:  I have been using Picture Window Pro for almost as long as I've
been on the LUG. I'm extremely happy with it and see no reason to
change. I just upgraded to v.7.

My Raw processor is Capture One Pro 7. Now that it does masks and
rudimentary layers and has a great color-mixer B&W conversion, I find
that I don't need PWP for many digital images. But there are many things
that a full-featured photo editor does (or does more easily and
comprehensively) that C-One doesn't, so PWP is still in regular use.
And of course, it's PWP all the way for all my film images old and new.

I can't personally vouch for Capture One's superiority with Fuji's
X-Trans sensor Raw files, but all the online examples and discussions
I've seen show that C-One is better than Lightroom in this respect.

Both C-One and PWP have user interfaces that take a bit of getting used
to, but they are both really good programs. And neither are trying to
get you into a perpetual rent model like Adobe is.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Stand-Alone Photo Processing Software)