Subject: [Leica] Photo software
From: lrzeitlin at aol.com (lrzeitlin at aol.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2014 11:21:19 -0400 (EDT)

After several weeks of problems with Adobe PhotoShop Elements 12, with
no
solution in sight and no interest on the part of Adobe, I am examining
other options.  The cloud is of no interest to me, nor is cataloging.
I am
currently checking out Picture Window Pro 7.0. Any comments on this and
other options that may be available?

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA
- - - -
Jim,
If you were using Elements 12 you are obviously not interested in a
full Pro quality package. In addition to the considerable expense a
full implementation of Photoshop is far more than most of us need.
There are a lot of good quality stand alone photo manipulation software
packages out there that are available either free or at little cost.
Search Google for hints.
If you use a Mac, the grand daddy of them all is GIMP. It will do most
of what Photoshop will do and is FREE for the download. I have heard
many good things about ACORN, also free. If you intend to publish most
of your pictures on the web rather than glossy 4 color magazines just
about any standalone program will do. Cataloging is another issue.
Larry Z

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] Photo software)
Reply from jplaurel at gmail.com (Jim Gmail) ([Leica] Photo software)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Photo software)