Subject: [Leica] flickr: non-members can't see photos?
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 15:27:12 -0700

Recently several people have told me that they can't view my photos on
flickr, and instead get a sign-on page.

Does anyone know why? Is flickr now restricting the viewing of direct
photo links to members only?  Or is it the way I'm posting the links?
Or...?

One of the reasons I put my photos on flickr (and on Facebook) is that I
get a wider audience than just the members of one particular photo list.
I have this delusion that maybe someone will think highly of something I
post and maybe it could lead to something. Also, the user interfaces are
well known and don't require explaining, as the LUG and Zone-10's
sometimes does.

But if flickr has gone to members-only viewing, then I'll have to
re-evaluate where I post my photos.

Any thoughts?

If you're not a flickr member (Goeff/Hoppy and Frank Fillipone
especially) here's a recent link of mine:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at N04/14441031496/>
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at N04/14441031496/

And here's another way to get at it (this triggers a download rather
than a view in Chrome, IE gives you a choice):
<https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3842/14441031496_e3305c42bb_b_d.jpg>
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3842/14441031496_e3305c42bb_b_d.jpg

Do these work, or require a sign-in?

--Peter