Subject: [Leica] Motorbikes
From: davidhhching at yahoo.com.sg (David Ching)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 07:57:25 +0700

Being a Malaysian, resident in Singapore and living in Vietnam while working
around the region, I think I make some qualified observations:

1. Motorcyclists in Malaysia do ride faster off the traffics lights. But the
actual numbers are far fewer than Vietnam.
2. The density (per resident) of motorbikes in Vietnamese cities are the
highest in the world. Even India and China has less. Tina can attest to
that. You can find private lone motorcycle riders offering taxi set services
at every corner while in Thailand they are lesser but mostly operated by
companies.
3. Organ donation while permissible by the official Muslim authorities in
Malaysia, is very low at 0.1% as the majority of riders who are Malay
Muslims are reluctant to donate due to many personal and communal reasons.
4. The bigger and more expensive motorcycles in this region are found in
Singapore. Happy Ted.
5. In Guangzhou, China bans motorcycles in the inner city. Sorry Ted...

Thought you might want to know.

David Ching