Subject: [Leica] IMG: My dad and his jalopy, 1951
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 16:11:01 -0700

 From Sept. 1951. My Dad, laughing as he empties sand from his shoes
after a beach walk. Photo by my Mom, taken during their honeymoon,
probably on Cape Cod, MA. He is sitting on his infamous green Chrysler,
which eventually died and was abandoned on the Cross-Bronx Expressway.
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at N04/14120758778/>

Jim Shulman, Jim Nichols or any other car buffs, can you tell what year
the green Chryler is?  I've heard 1947, but I don't know for sure.  Here
are a couple of other pictures of it:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/family/EmMiltHoneymoon/7MiltCarBoathouse.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/family/Misc1950s/18EmOnCar.jpg.html>

You can tell who was the photographer in the family by which pictures
are sharper.  :-)  Note that the film is original Kodachrome, ASA 10.
Ten. 1/50 second at f/6.3 in bright sunshine, longer if you wanted DOF.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: My dad and his jalopy, 1951)
Reply from jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] IMG: My dad and his jalopy, 1951)