Subject: [Leica] Toledo Museum of Art Glass Pavilion
From: chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford)
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 03:49:56 -0400

The midwest and its major cities (St. Louis, Cincinnati, Pittsburg,
Cleveland, Toledo, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis) was once the
driver of American prosperity as the center of our manufacturing. All of
these cities, with the exception of Chicago, are now much poorer places
with few decent jobs and little future for their people. Many of those
cities have incredible art museums; especially Chicago, Detroit,
Cleveland, and Toledo. Those are, as Howard noted, artifacts of that
long-dead era of prosperity.

Detroit's bankruptcy may well result in the loss and sale of their
museum's collections to satisfy the city's creditors because the museum
belongs to the city government. Fort Wayne's small, but very nice, art
museum is not owned by the city, it is a private nonprofit organization,
so that could never happen here if this city's government ever went
bankrupt. I don't know how the museums in the other midwest cities are run
or who legally owns their collections, but I would hate to see those
incredible art collections dispersed.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography