Subject: [Leica] La Passe > Dr. Ted
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 18 May 2014 21:03:55 -0700

philippe.amard Mon Ami OFFERED:

Subject: Re: [Leica] La Passe > Dr. Ted
"Longer lens NOT needed - we've seen so many portraits :-)

Marc, yours conveys the idea of the mighty ocean for one, and of the
marvellous creatures it contains.

210 was just the right thing to have!
Sorry dear Uncle Ted :-( <<<<<<<<<<<<

AAAHHH Philippe MON AMI! :-)

Not quite so, as Marc offered:
>> It's the time the dolphins choose to enjoy the waves and the current.
>> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Marc/La+Passe/<<<<<<<<<<

Yes the size and beautiful scenic's of the ocean was and is so beautifully
powerful! No question!

But the "SCENIC" WASN'T THE REASON FOR TAKING THE PHOTOS! It was the
Dolphins!

ERGO:
MARC should have used at least a 400mm lens to be tighter on the dolphins!
But not so tight to become a "Portrait element of the Animal."  And
considering the  distance between photog and animal a 400mm wouldn't have
been close enough to create any kind of "PORTRAIT EFFECT!"

ALL IN ALL, IT'S STILL A BEAUTIFUL OCEAN SCENIC. But with a longer lens it
would have been many times more powerful and beautiful! :-) However! Not so
long as we see only the dolphins!"

Cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Le 18 mai 14 ? 21:11, Marc Dufour a ?crit :

> Salut, Ted!
> I just had a zoom 70-210... I just can imagine the result with a  "real"
> long lens... !!!
> Thanks for your kind comment.
> Amiti?s,
> Marc