Subject: [Leica] Puzzling (mis)alignment
From: s.yoder at comcast.net (Stan Yoder)
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 17:02:50 -0400

I have a Bellows II. The front standard (with the lens mount) is
definitely angled to the left (looking down from above) and the bellows
is more extended on the right than the left. I would guess the variance
at 10deg. relative to the rear standard Thus, the lens is not square to
the focal plane of the camera. There seems no way to correct this, since
the standard is part of a single casting that surrounds the rack that it
moves along.

Is there a reason for this? If there isn't, I cannot imagine Leitz
releasing such a unit for sale.

Stan Yoder

Replies: Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Puzzling (mis)alignment)
Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Puzzling (mis)alignment)