Subject: [Leica] shooting the M240
From: steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour)
Date: Wed, 7 May 2014 07:24:23 -0700

On May 7, 2014, at 7:07 AM, Fred Bastiat <myrmidons at me.com> wrote:

> I'm just learning the M 240 too.
>
> I have focus aid and focus peaking switched to "on", and I then saved
> those settings as a user profile.
>
> Now, as long as LV (live view) is turned on, I have focus peaking working.
> And I don't need to press the front "focus" button. Just turn the focusing
> ring on the lens and the camera switches it on.

thanks Fred, this sounds quite good, I will try it. I am intermittently
trying to use external viewfinders on the M240, but I am told that the
current software does not support the VF-4. So all bets are off, perhaps
this will change when shortly, perhaps on 5/24, the anticipated M240
software update will be issued....

I am convinced that when I get all this working, together with focus peaking
operative, many focussing issues will be greatly improved.

many thanks for your help,

Steve