Subject: [Leica] In the Woods
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 5 May 2014 01:40:48 +0000

5.5MP is higher resolution than a 27" screen (less than 3.7MP). However if
you want to print to A3 or larger (and less so at smaller sizes) you will
see the difference between 5.5MP and 24MP.....

john

An excellent picture, Jim. As I recall the Olympus E-1 has a 4/3 sensor
with only 5.5 megapixel resolution yet on my Apple 27" monitor it came
up and clear and sharp as any Leica picture on the Lug. With results
like your's, who needs a Leica M? Perhaps Leica was a bit short sighted
in abandoning the 4/3 or micro 4/3 format. I have heard much praise for
the picture quality of Olympus and Panasonic 4/3 format cameras. But
then, of course, Leica would have to compete with cameras costing only
a fraction of the price of a Leica T.
Larry Z
- - -
I spotted this Iris this afternoon.