Subject: [Leica] M Sensor Cleaning: people's current favorite devices and supplies and techniques?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 09:04:56 +1000

I would add two comments there. I have seen three M9 cameras where the
sensor cover glass was cracked by the wrong method. Typically finger
pressure with a micro-fibre cloth. That very thin cover glass is bonded to
the sensor assembly and hence the repair is very expensive.

My second comment is that the M (Typ 240) has a menu function supporting
sensor inspection. Using a target monotone surface (I use a monitor screen)
it can produce an LCD image with sensor surface irregularities exaggerated
and against a simulated image of the mount (so transposed to right way
around to identify which corner etc). It is genius but can be depressing.
I think an illuminated sensor scope is the simplest tool of tool though.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman