Subject: [Leica] Hermit Warbler
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 07:18:04 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Howard Cummer wrote:

>Hi Doug,
>Great shots - as we have come to expect. I especially like the incredible
>micro detail from the 280/f4.0 as drawn on the DMR.
>When that venerable machine no longer functions I wonder what camera you
>will move the 280/f4.0 over to.
>The Sony A7R (or its successor) perhaps?

Fortunately the DMR is working well, the batteries and the R8 are
rebuildable, and I have enough good SD cards (thanks to the LUG) that
replacing it is on a distant horizon.  When the time comes I'll look for:

big sensor
responsive viewfinder and shutter
color quality esp. gradation
quiet, low-vibration shutter
and most importantly plays nice with the 280 & extenders

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com