Subject: [Leica] M Sensor Cleaning: people's current favorite devices and supplies and techniques?
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 00:10:18 +0000

I think all new digital Ms get dirty sensors for the first while, mostly oil
off the shutter, I had it on M9 and Monochrom but not so much on the M.
After a good clean in the early days they have never got so bad since...

john

During recent fussing-about with a photo containing a vast expanse of
sky, shot with the lens stopped down reasonably far...  I found myself
no longer able to blissfully ignore whatever crap has collected on the
sensor of the newish M.

I'm really bad about getting around to sensor cleaning, but I think
I'm going to have to bite the bullet.  This camera seems particularly
fond of getting stuff on its sensor, possibly partly because of the
time it spends with the shutter open during live-view interludes.

-Jeff