Subject: [Leica] DNG
From: hjwulff at gmail.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 17:27:26 -0700

I think there's also a bit of "DNG's are an Adobe invention" in DxO's
attittude.

In your origninal post, someone (probably not DxO but a fan, said that 'DxO
is a far more precise program than the other programs', which is something
Adobe is likely to dispute.

At some point in the future, when the number of proprietary file formats
becomes uncomfortably large, the major processing programs might not support
some obscure formats, and then it would be both advantageous to have
converted DNG files available as well as processing programs that can handle
them. DNG, being a publshed standard, is very useful for that.

Henning

On 2014-04-12, at 10:02 AM, Jayanand Govindaraj <jayanand at gmail.com>