Subject: [Leica] Inconsistent lens detection on M 8
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:17:46 -0500 (CDT)

This is very true, if the lens is not triggering the correct frame lines
then it will not work.  I had bought a new coded 21/2.8 Asph lens back in
2008, and the camera was not reading the data.  It turned out the 21 had the
old lens mount flanges, and did not trigger the correct frame lines.  After
having it checked at Photokina in 2008, by the Leica techs at the show, I
sent into Leica and they replaced the mount with the correct one and it then
worked perfectly.  All the tech guys at Photokina could figure is that it
was a very early coded lens and it had the older lens mount, which did not
have a cam that would bring up any lens frames.  It was one of the last of
the Chrome 21's.  When we manually selected the correct frame lines it
recorded the lens data.

Cheers,
Gene