Subject: [Leica] Young Photographer (Vers.2)
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:14:25 -0500

===On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 3:06 AM, John McMaster <john at
mcmaster.co.nz>wrote:

True, but how much manipulation and keep the original photograph? I do a
> little PS work now and again outside of  contrast and a slight crop, but
> not often. I think it blandifises (new word) all images towards some idea
> of perfection. Photography, to me, is interpretation of what I see - not
> modifying it.....

It's a slippery slope, isn't it?  Assume for a moment the original image is
not what Lluis 'saw'......he didn't 'see' the lights, and so the second
image is the more accurate interpretation of what he 'saw'.

--Bob

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Young Photographer (Vers.2))
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] Young Photographer (Vers.2))
Message from john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] Young Photographer (Vers.2))