Subject: [Leica] Lion in the sunrise
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 06:51:47 -0700

Hi Luggers,
More from the sunrise on the 11th day of our safari. Turning around from
looking at the moon set and the gazelles,
there was a lion lying on the grass with the sun rising behind him. We moved
the jeep to line up the sun and the lion and this was
the result:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Tanza2014/LionsunriseW.jpg.html>

Since in Ndutu the jeeps can drive anywhere we repositioned to get a bit
closer (but remain a respectful distance) and took this side light closeup:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Tanza2014/LiomStareDay11.jpg.html>

I liked the morning shoots not only for the light but for the fact that in
the very early morning the flies didn't seem as plentiful. I have lots of
close ups of animals with flies on their faces and I prefer this clean shot.

Please look large. C&C always welcome.

Howard

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Lion in the sunrise)
Reply from george.imagist at icloud.com (George Lottermoser) ([Leica] Lion in the sunrise)