Subject: [Leica] The Light in Ndutu
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:49:26 -0500 (CDT)

Howard,

Two very nice photos, love them both.

Cheers,
Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "H&ECummer" <cummer at netvigator.com>
To: lug at leica-users.org
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 10:22:05 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central

Hi Luggers,
As you have seen with the wonderful action photos taken by Jayanand and
Alastair there was lots to see and photograph in Tanzania.
The time of day that I liked the best was the early morning - leaving the
lodge with Venus, the morning star, blazing overhead -
and heading out before the sunrise. The light was remarkable at that time of
day and hopefully we have pictures to prove it.

Here are a couple - taken on our last morning run - on the 11th day - as the
full moon was setting on the horizon and the sun rise glowing behind our
back as we faced the moon set.

First with gazelles and a crane flying by:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Tanza2014/MoonsetTGazelleCrane.jpg.html>

and second a jeep added to the mix:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/Tanza2014/MoonsetJeepDay11.jpg.html>

All my safari pictures were taken with my just acquired Fuji XT 1 (I bought
it in Japan one day before the official release - that is another story) and
the 55 - 200 zoom lens. Esther's pictures were taken with the Olympus EM 1
and the Panasonic 100 - 300 zoom. Helen also had the EM 1 and she and
Alastair and Esther and me wrestled with the menus throughout the holiday. I
preferred the pictures from the Fuji but the EM 1 was faster to operate.
Neither system was fast enough in continuous AF to give Nikon designers any
worry.

Please look large. C&C always welcome.

Howard (in Vancouver helping babysit #1 grandson - Miss O's little brother)