Subject: [Leica] Pano for Howard
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:56:45 +0530

Geoff,
This is probably the only pack in the Serengeti Ecosystem - they were wiped
out by distemper 20 odd years ago, so their return is heartening news. It
is an extremely rare sighting - one of our driver/guides, Felix, had only
seen them twice prior to this sighting, in the 15 years he has been driving
around this area. Our drivers got a rumour about a sighting, banded
together with a few more, and we went on an intensive search, and after
hours of searching finally found them, in one of the far reaches of Ndutu.
Only 5 vehicles had the privilege of seeing the pack - other groups tried
to locate them immediately after the news of our sighting spread, but no
one else found them again. At least for me this was the absolute highlight
of our trip, never having seen them in the flesh before.
Cheers
Jayanand