Subject: [Leica] "Sharpness is a Bourgeois concept"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 21:15:26 -0400

The last shot I posted to the LUG last Friday a flower was not in focus
where I wanted it to be and I had no time to shoot more or stop down and had
I been stopped down in the first place I'd have nailed it far more to my
liking I was experimenting with a manual focus lens which I was less
familiar with and was not prepared. Did not have my camera and lens set up
right.
Very rare I'm  happy about missing my focus or another other glaring
examples of bad technique all of which are inexcusable but happen.
There are only a couple of examples of well known HCB shots in which his
focus could have been better. He shot fast enough where he didn't need to in
generally accept such shots there were other takes on the roll. Yet there
are times when the magic moment happens when the camera is focusing over
your subjects shoulder and its worth it being a bit soft or off.

Some of the red berries are sharp and a part of his sleeve.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/fridayflowers/131019_202344.jpg.h
tml

Or

http://tinyurl.com/ob4bhru