Subject: [Leica] One less veteran of WWII
From: leicaslacker at gmail.com (kyle cassidy on the lug)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:32:43 -0400

Sgt. ?Wild? Bill Guarnere parachuted into Normandy, fought his way through
Market Garden, was shot by a sniper along the banks of the Rhine and
survived. Painted his cast with shoe polish and escaped the hospital to
return to the front and fight with his unit. He lost a leg at the Battle of
the Bulge and returned to a colorful life in America. He was made famous
when Stephen Ambrose told the story of his unit in the book ?Band of
Brothers?. He died Saturday at age 90.

I was lucky enough to do a number of portraits of him over the seven years I
knew him; one of which ended up on the cover of my book about veterans
tattoos.

http://kylecassidy.livejournal.com/782248.html

The story of Bill?s military tattoos here:

http://www.kylecassidy.com/warpaint/6.html

If the portraits aren?t enough, for extra credit, spot the Contax G2.

Replies: Reply from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] One less veteran of WWII)