Subject: [Leica] Slightly OT: New Mac Pro for photo editing? Also whisk[e]y. -DAS
From: ric at cartersxrd.net (RicCarter)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 22:43:20 -0400

not a mac pro user, but have expereince with a couple of the questions which
may relate to my MBP15

On Mar 9, 2014, at 10:05 PM, Dante Stella <dstella1 at ameritech.net> wrote:

> 4.    Any issues with Firewire devices via the Thunderbolt adapter? I'm
> thinking of a Nikon LS-8000 or a Sprintscan 120.

I'm using the apple thunderbolt/firewire800 dongle with a couple of
harddrives with no problems--transparent
have not tried a FW400/800 converter with it yet (can't find the one i own)

> 5.    How annoying is it to have an external DVD drive? Where else do you
> get nickel and dimed with the Pro?

i actually prefer the external dvd which i use--it's faster and can come off
the desk when not needed

ric