Subject: [Leica] Half Moon Island
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 22:39:23 +0530

Nathan,
Thanks for looking. I would guess that till the mid 1960s, when
whaling was alive and kicking in these areas, these birds must have
been massacred for food - penguins were fair game for sailors and
whalers, especially as their meat has a very high content of Vitamin C
- remember I posted a photograph of an abandoned whaling boat there!
Cheers
Jayanand