Subject: [Leica] OT: Focus peaking and an old friend - Paul
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:03:54 -0600

Hi Philippe,

Are we confusing terms here?  Pressing the wheel on the X-E1 gives one
focus magnification, but, if I understand the term correctly, focus
peaking refers to the "bloom" that occurs in the EVF when an object
comes into focus.  My experience with the X-E1 is that, while focus
peaking gets one in the ballpark of correct focus, the magnified image
gives much tighter control of the focus plane. Unfortunately, with a
hand-held camera, it is very difficult to use focus magnification to its
proper advantage.

Just my 2 cents. :-)

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA