Subject: [Leica] AF Focusing modes...
From: red735i at verizon.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 08:19:28 -0800

This is an OT subject for Leica, but with the great knowledge here, it seems
the answer is more easily found.

I use Nikon AF for some things.  While my cameras are not SOTA, they do have
2 modes in AF I wonder about. Continuous AF and Single AF.

Is there anything that indicates that one mode is more accurate than the
other?

Second:

What are the tradeoffs of using the mode that allows for firing the shutter
only when in focus rather than the mode that allows for shutter release
independent of AF stability?  ( yes, I know the obvious, it is the
subtleties I am looking for info on.)

My images are mostly of my 2 younger grandsons whose movements are ( to say
the least ) unpredictable in 3 dimensions ( maybe 4?) and they never stay
still..

Frank Filippone

Red735i at verizon.net