Subject: [Leica] Deception Island
From: leica at jayburleson.com (Jay Burleson)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 20:29:23 -0800

The inner caldera wall on Deception Island shows yellow pre-caldera
pyroclastic rocks draped by red & grey clastogenic lavas.
Pyroclastic:formed by or involving fragmentation as a result of volcanic
or igneous action.
The term "clastogenic" in volcanic eruptions refers to causing a
particular type of ejecta.

Thanks for showing us the place - would have liked to have seen Neptunes
Bellows.

Jay