Subject: [Leica] Kiev demonstrations
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 22:17:10 +0100

Keep some perspective here. First of all, the captive nations of Eastern and
Central Europe are now free and democratic (maybe not flawless, but neither
is the US) and members of the EU and Nato in most cases. Plus the Baltic
states. And, let's not forget Russia itself. Yes, Putin is an SOB, but
today's Russians have vastly more personal freedom than they did 25 years
ago.

The Stans are shit, yes. So what's new? But for the rest, you will not find
many who want to go back to the days of the USSR.

And I know what I am talking about, I was born and lived the first 11 years
of my life on the wrong side of the Iron Curtain.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain