Subject: [Leica] Salford quays
From: leopoldgreen at mac.com (Leopold Green)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 15:38:07 +0000

my monochrom is back in solms [or between factories] to have the focussing
adjusted [it consistently focusses a couple of cm ahead of where it should
so I have gone back to some of my first images and pp them again since I am
starting to understand how to use Lightroom and SFX... most have a
deliberate blue tone to them [it isn't your monitor] which is what i wanted

comments and criticism welcome... also I am planning on buying a Epson R3000
[can't afford the 3880] - any tips on which is best fibre [style] gloss/semi
gloss paper for reproducing toned images such as these

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lgreen666/13-07-26_Salford+Quays+to+Media+City_045-Edit.jpg.html
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lgreen666/13-07-26_Salford+Quays+to+Media+City_048-Edit-2.jpg.html
Two cranes at the end of Salford Quays [remnants of the hey day of the
Manchester Ship Canal]. Unfortunately Salford Council demolished them not
long after these photographs [because of cost of maintaining them]. A great
loss to the urban heritage of the great industrial cities.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lgreen666/13-07-26_Salford+Quays+to+Media+City_086-Edit.jpg.html
The Lowry Theatre and behind it the BBC's Media City which has brought
significant regeneration to the area and annoyed an awful lot of BBC types
who really didn't want to leave London for the savage northern lands...

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lgreen666/13-07-26_Salford+Quays+to+Media+City_079-Edit-Edit.jpg.html
Glass building, Salford Quays. Not blue toned.

thanks for looking

Leopold

Replies: Reply from leopoldgreen at mac.com (Leopold Green) ([Leica] yet more blue toning from the industrial north)
Message from philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard) ([Leica] Leica is selling a set of 6 Lenses for $100,000)