Subject: [Leica] Leica M to R adapter
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 22:51:12 +0000

It makes it easier to hold the M with heavier lenses, but so does the simple
grip. It adds ~10mm in depth and little weight. Screws into camera rather
bayonet, might block wi-fi cards working.

http://en.leica-camera.com/photography/m_system/accessories/ergonomics/9308.html

Adds:

GPS data to shots, read and mapped by Lightroom
Has USB connector, can be tethered for storage and control but no
on-computer live view.
Flash, both SCA and sync socket
Mains power input.

I bought it for handling and GPS. I can see some using it it in the studio
with flash and tethering (art director can see the shot once taken), or for
time lapse or technical work with remote storage and mains power.

I would not deem it essential if GPS is not wanted...

john

One more thing to buy?!!  Where can I find out about the multi-function
grip?  Do I really need it?

Tina

Message from steve.barbour at gmail.com (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Leica M to R adapter)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Leica M to R adapter)