Subject: [Leica] Fortuna Bay and grytviken
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 06:49:20 +0530

John, George, Charlie, Philippe, Luis
Thanks for looking. John, thanks for clearing up why the water was
that colour, most logical. Charlie, the church was a prefabricated
unit brought over from Norway. Philippe, Jameson is pretty
run-of-the-mill Irish Whisky, a pleasant enough dram. Luis, the
temperature was quite warm throughout the trip, varying from -1C to 5C
- but what got you was the wind chill, the winds are really strong in
that part of the world, it would cut through your innards! It must
have been 3-4C that day in Grytviken. I am in my Zodiac landing gear -
parka (a very nice one supplied by A&K as part of the tour booty,
which was well suited to the conditions), wet pants (part of my golf
rain gear!), wellingtons (again supplied by A&K), life jacket, monkey
cap, Foxgloves and polarized sunglasses (essential - the reflection of
sunlight off the snow is dazzling and blinding). I normally had 4-5
layers on...
Cheers
Jayanand