Subject: [Leica] South Georgia 1
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 14:36:35 -0000

Looks amazing, Jayanand, and the toughness of those mountains. It puts Irish
explorer Shackleton's efforts to get to the whaling station at Stromness
over some of them into dramatic perspective. Of course, he wouldn't have
managed it without Tom Crean - another Irishman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Crean_(explorer)

Here's a photograph I took of Crean's pub - The South Pole Inn - in
Anascaul, Co. Kerry http://www.flickr.com/photos/50543475 at N00/855277474/

Douglas