Subject: [Leica] Comparing B&W M9/MM
From: john at mcmaster.co.nz (John McMaster)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:37:54 +0000

If you see the original, rather than a small jpeg, the tonality in the
Monochrom is much better than a converted M9 IMO

john

>From these shots there seems to be no reason to prefer one over the other,
>it is just an emotional preference.  Perhaps the M9 has a richer black, but
>in Lightroom you could boost the black point of the MM image and achieve
>the same result as the M9.  All of your images are very good.

If I had to choose I would think the M9 looked like Tri-X without the grain,
and the MM looked like TMax.

Tell us which you prefer, if you like one better that is.  Also, for the M9
did you shoot in color and convert to B&W, or in jpg with the B&W setting?

I prefer the M9, but that is probably because I already bought one.

Bob Rose

Message: 20